Submitting an Insurance Claim
So you’ve had an injury–you’re probably wondering, what is the next step? It is important that you understand your XSI Sports Insurance plan and the requirements for accessing those benefits.
Your XSI Supplemental Insurance Policy has some TIME LIMITS on treatments that you should be aware of. They are as follows based on the generic policy version:
- Initial Care MUST be received within 72 hours of the Accidental Injury
- Accident Emergency Care Benefit- such treatment or attention must be received from an Emergency Room, Hospital, Urgent Care Center or Physician’s office in the United States.
- Accident Follow-up Care Benefits is covered, up to 3 visits which must be completed within 30 days of the Accidental Injury or discharge from the hospital. Outpatient surgery is covered as one of the 3 visits under the Follow-up Care Benefit.
- Fractures sustained as a result of a covered accidental injury MUST be diagnosed within 14 days of the accidental injury.
- Physical Therapy visits received as a result of an accident as prescribed by a physician, rendered by a physical therapist MUST begin within 30 days of the accidental injury or discharge from the hospital.
- X-ray Benefit covers an X-ray or set of X-rays due to an accidental injury if completed within 14 days of the accidental injury.
- One Major Diagnostic Exam per accidental injury will be covered if completed within 14 days of the accidental injury. Major Diagnostic is limited to:
- CT (Computerized Tomography)
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging), or
- EEG (Electroencephalogram)
It is important you understand the requirements of immediately seeking care after an accidental injury, not only for your well-being, but to assure your eligibility for your XSI Supplemental policy. Knowing these time limits for treatments will assist you in working with your doctors and medical professionals to schedule tests and treatments within the appropriate time frame.
If you have any questions please contact XSI Claim department, 801.331.8503 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org